Frequently Asked Questions

I am not a MA resident, but would love to hunt at LadyWoods. Do I need to get a MA hunting license?

Yes, a resident or non-resident commercial shooting preserve one day hunting license can be bought via the internet by any hunter or through a license vendor in MA. If you choose to hunt more than one day, you must purchase a one day license for each day.  Please visit our Hunting License page by clicking here.

I am a resident of MA and wish to hunt for a couple of weeks. Do I need to obtain a MA hunting license from the state?

We would prefer that you have a Mass. hunting license, however you can purchase a one day hunting license for each day that you hunt.  Either option is available by visiting our Hunting License page by clicking here.

Who do I contact to check the state regulations for transporting my guns?

Contact the state police to find out the specifics on transporting guns across state lines. We require all guns be transported according to state regulations.

What forms of payment do you accept at LadyWoods?

We take checks and cash.  At this time we do not accept credit cards.

What is the average shooting distance when hunting pheasants?

Average shots are 20 - 30 yards.  We recommend # 7 1/2 or # 6 shot.

Copyright © Ladywoods Game Preserve
Mailing address: 27 Quaker Highway, Uxbridge, MA 01569
PRESERVE ADDRESS: 312 Wallum Lake Rd, Douglas, MA 01516
Tel: 508-278-3529